Oh no, all my entries all gone! Can I get them back?
We are sorry to hear that. Now, let’s take a look at what might be the issue.
- Is it a new month? Maybe you don’t see your entries because they are stored in the previous month. Tap on the top bar to change the visible month.
- Have you backed up the data? If yes, they will be on Google Drive, just go to "More" > "Backup and Restore", choose "Restore backup" and tap on the version you want to restore.
- For more info see How to backup and restore like a boss
- You are sure you have a backup but after you connected your account but you still do not see any backups on the Restore page? It is possible you have a backup under a different account.
Android - Selecting the correct Google account
Are you logged under the same account you have used for the backup? If you have multiple Google accounts go to "More" > "Backup and Restore" and select your account.
If you want to find out which Google Account (email) contains your previous backups, please go to https://drive.google.com/, click the Settings icon (in the right corner) then Manage Apps. You should see
Android - Automatic Backups
Android 6+ can automatically backup your phone's data including app's data. This happens on the system level and basically, our app is not even aware of these automatic system backups.
Important: You can't restore a backup from a higher Android version onto a phone running a lower Android version. So if you switched to a new phone with lower Android version you might not be able to restore data.
When you reinstall an app, you can restore app settings that you'd previously backed up with your Google Account.
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Tap System > Advanced > Backup > App data. If these steps don't match your device's settings, try searching your settings app for backup.
- Turn on Automatic restore
More info here at official Google support
None of the above applies
If you don’t have any data in the app, you haven’t backed up to cloud, and your phone was not backed up using system backup, your data will be probably lost. We are not storing any of your data and we do not have access to them, so we are not able to restore them without your backup or app data.