Oh no, all my entries all gone! Can I get them back?
We are sorry to hear that. Now, let’s take a look at what might be the issue.
Daylio Cloud Backup
- Have you backed up the data into the cloud? If yes, they will be on Google Drive or iCloud, just go to "More" > "Backup and Restore", choose "Restore backup" and tap on the version you want to restore.
- We store approximately the last 100 backups, but every backup contains all your entries and settings - so do not worry.
- For more info see How to backup and restore like a boss
- You are sure you have a backup but after you connected your account but you still do not see any backups on the Restore page?
- It is possible you have a backup under a different Google Account or Apple ID. This is common if you have more accounts/emails that you are using for Apple or Google services.
Selecting the correct Goole account
Are you logged under the same account you have used for the backup? If you have multiple Google accounts go to "More" > "Backup and Restore" and select your account. If you want to find out which Google Account (email) contains your previous backups, please go to https://drive.google.com/, click the Settings icon (in the right corner) then Manage Apps. You should see
Android - System Backups
Android 6+ can automatically backup your phone's data including the app's data. This happens on the system level and basically, our app is not even aware of these automatic system backups.
Important: You can't restore a backup from a higher Android version onto a phone running a lower Android version. So if you switched to a new phone with a lower Android version you might not be able to restore data.
When you reinstall an app, you can restore app settings that you'd previously backed up with your Google Account.
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Tap System > Advanced > Backup > App data. If these steps don't match your device's settings, try searching your settings app for backup.
- Turn on Automatic restore
More info here at official Google support
iOS - System Backups
iOS provides native backup for your device. This might contain also data of all apps that you are using including Daylio. Maybe you already have this backup and can use it to restore Daylio data if you do not have a cloud backup. Please read more about this at https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203977
None of the above applies
If you don’t have any data in the app, you haven’t backed up to the cloud, and your phone was not backed up using system backup, your data will be probably lost.
We are not storing any of your data and we do not have access to them, so we are not able to restore them without your backup or app data.