Notifications are not working
Some Android devices have a setting that prevents many apps from triggering notifications when the app is not active. This function needs to be turned on so we can send you push notifications. A simple solution is to check your phone and see if this functionality is enabled.
- Devices with Marshmallow OS or above (Android 6.0+): Settings ⇒ Battery ⇒ Battery Optimization. Make sure Daylio is on the list of apps excluded from optimization.
- Huawei: System settings ⇒ Advanced Settings ⇒ Battery Manager ⇒ Protected apps ⇒ enable Daylio.
- Lenovo: Settings ⇒ Power Manager ⇒ Background app management ⇒ flip Allow auto-start for Daylio.
- OnePlus: Settings ⇒ Apps ⇒ gear icon ⇒ Apps Auto-launch ⇒ enable Daylio.
- OppO: Security Center ⇒ Privacy Permissions ⇒ Startup Manager ⇒ allow Daylio.
- Samsung: Settings ⇒ Security ⇒ Auto-start Management ⇒ Set Daylio to “Allowed”. Also, you will need to exclude Daylio from any of the battery optimization features on your device. For that go to Settings ⇒ Battery ⇒ disable battery optimization for Daylio as well as checking to make sure the Restrict background data setting is disabled.
- Vivo: Manager ⇒ App Manager ⇒ Autostart manager ⇒ allow Daylio.
- Xiaomi: Security ⇒ Permissions ⇒ Autostart ⇒ make sure Daylio is enabled.
If none of this helps, go to Settings > Apps > Select Daylio > Battery > then choose optimization and disable battery optimization.
If your device is not on the list try to search for "push notifications not working" + add your phone brand or operating system name.