How to set up goals
In the Android version 1.19. we have added a new feature - Goals. This will help you to motivate yourself and track important activities to build a habit.
Create a goal
To create a goal:
- Go to More tab
- Tap on Goals and create a new goal
- Select an existing activity, suggested ones, or create a new activity
- Set repetition, reminders, time, notification text, and start date
- Save the goal and you are ready to go.
Track a goal
Once you have your goal set up and linked to the activity next time you add an entry and select the goal activity it will be automatically counted.
You will see the goal progress in the Stats on the Goal card, or in the Goals section in More.
- Streak - a number of consecutive days containing the goal activity
- Longest Streak - your all-time longest streak
- Completion Rate - the ratio of opportunities and successfully completed goals, this means when you set the goal for 5 times a week and you manage to do it 5 times, the number will be 100%, when you do it only 4 times, the number is 80%
- Total Completions - the number of all times you have done the activity (activity is counted once a day at max)
Now, we look forward to hearing from you about how you like Goals. We hope they will help you to further customize and utilize Daylio as your tracking and life-changing tool :D
Rename a goal
In Daylio goals are just tracking the activities you have. So to rename the goal you need to rename the activity. Just go to More > Edit Activities; tap on the activity and change the name.
You can use goals also for tracking negative actions - for example when I wanted to quit smoking I have created a "no smoking" activity and selected it each day when I had no cigarette.
It might be a little counter-intuitive, however, we believe it is better than reward users who just forget to track smoking. This way, your active participation helps to build a stronger habit.