Cannot create a backup
When you cannot create a backup, most common issues are in internet access or cloud provider (Google or Apple). Please review the following points:
- Is your device connected to the internet?
- Being on wifi might not mean you are connected to the internet.
- Has Daylio app access to the internet?
- Some devices allow turning off the internet access per app
- Are you using a VPN?
- There might be some setting blocking Daylio or cloud services.
- Are you using company devices?
- Companies might have policies to restrict data or app usage.
- Are you connected to unreliable or free public wifi?
- Some wifi networks might restrict app data usage or might not be connected to the internet at all.
- Does your Google Drive or iCloud Drive works?
- You can try to reach your cloud storages via native apps. Sometimes only some services are offline and we need to wait to reconnect.
Android: Never-ending loading
After you pick an account for backups you should see the screen where you allow Daylio to access your Google Drive and basic profile info. It looks like Google is having some issues with users who don't use "@gmail.com" suffix and displays 'infinite loading' indicator.
Several users reported that these steps helped to resolve this issue: